The 2023 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Hoopstars Inc will be held on Sunday 26 November 2023 at Carina Leagues Club commencing 3pm. Time to be confirmed. Further details of how Club members can attend and participate in the AGM are set out below of this Notice.
All Club members (playing and parent) and other members are invited to the AGM. Voting entitlements are in accordance with Section 38 of the Club’s Rules of Association, a copy of which can be found at https://hoopstarsbasketball.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Hoopstars-Inc-updated-rules-10-2021.pdf.
Parent members will be able to confirm their membership by the AGM registration form by emailing email@example.com.
- Open, welcome and apologies.
- Verification of the minutes of the 2022 Club AGM.
- Review and consider the annual financial report and auditor’s report (including questions and comments from Club members on the management of the Club).
- Receive reports from President, Boys and Girls Coordinators
- To elect committee members in accordance with the Club’s Rules of Association.
Nomination for election of Committee Members
Nomination forms are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations for committee must be:
- signed by the candidate.
- signed by the nominator and seconder, both of whom must be club members entitled to vote at the AGM; and
- received by email, the completed nomination to the Club Secretary at email@example.com by no later than 4:00pm on Monday 20 November 2023; and
- may be accompanied by a statement of up to 100 words setting out the qualifications of the candidate that will be available to Club members at the AGM.
If only one nomination is received for any vacancy to be filled, the person nominated shall be deemed elected. If no nomination is received for any vacancy, nominations may be called for at the AGM.
31 October 2023
All appointments for committee members are valid for a period of 12months from the appointment at the respective AGM to the commencement of the following AGM. Therefore, all committee position will be vacated during the AGM and nominations processed during the meeting:
- Vice President
- Boys Coordinator (Registrar)
- Girls Coordinator (Registrar)
- Uniform Coordinator
- (New) General Commitee Members x 2 (These roles may take on duties such as Venue Coordinator/ Publicity Coordinator)
Attending the AGM
If you wish to attend the 2023 AGM please register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registrations for the AGM will close Friday 24 November 2023.