To articulate the player fee charging policy for the club.


Hoopstars will advise fee levels for the forthcoming season and all players are required to be registered and have paid their fees in full prior to the commencement of competition. Unregistered and unfinancial players will not be able to take the court in the competition. If members owe money to the club from a prior season, they will need to pay the outstanding amount in full before registering for a forthcoming season.  All fees are collected via the registration process in Basketball Connect


Hoopstars is committed to ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to play basketball. If players have difficulty in paying fees the club can assist through organising a payment plan. Please contact the Treasurer on via the contact us page if you wish to discuss options. Players will register in Basketball Connect where a 20% payment of fees will be collected. The remaining 80% must be fully paid by the end of that season. Any money still owed under a payment plan at the end of a season will be deemed an outstanding fees owed to the Club.


Exemptions from paying fees can only be considered by Hoopstars in exceptional circumstances and if genuine reasons are demonstrated. A request for an exemption must be submitted in writing to the Club Committee prior to the commencement of the season and will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Rulings by the Club Committee will be final.


By registering for a season with Hoopstars Inc, players and parents agree to train and play with the team in which they are selected for the whole of that season. Hoopstars Inc recognises that sometimes circumstances change and this may mean that your child is unable to complete playing the season a of basketball. Please read below so you can be aware of which exceptional circumstances we will refund and how our refund process works.

  • Any player withdrawing from a team after teams have been released will incur a $50 administration fee.
  • Under no circumstance will a refund be provided to a player after the midway point of the season unless you meet the following criteria
  1. Refund Due to Medical Condition
    If a player is unable to complete a season due to a medical reason the club may offer a pro rata refund of your season fees. Any refund will be less the fees of games already played. A medical certificate will be required.
  2. Relocation Refund
    If a player’s entire family is relocating, the club may offer a pro rata refund of your season fees. The player must be relocating and not just a family member. If the player is a representative player they must be withdrawing from any BQJBC Representative Program in addition to the club. Any refund will be less the fees of games already played. If you can continue to represent an association you can continue to commit to the club.
  3. Refund of uniforms
    Refunds of uniforms cost may be approved by the Hoopstars Inc committee if the uniform has not been worn for training or any game. Dependant on the condition and resale value of the uniform the committee may offer an amount to purchase your uniform back for re-issue to another club member.
  4. Requesting a Refund
    This process is now managed via Basketball Connect through the de registration process.  This refund is also dependant on the association and BQ approval before funds will be processed (again case by case dependant).


Disputes should be referred to the Club Treasurer. If necessary, the Treasurer may refer matters to the Club Committee for resolution. Decisions by the Club Committee will be final.

Please note – outstanding fees not paid as requested can lead to players being deemed unfinancial and not eligible to play basketball anywhere in Brisbane until the debt is cleared with the Club. Additionally, the Club can consider further debt recovery action on amounts owed.